Re: How to monitor the internet bandwidth eater ?

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:57:08 +0200
Gilles Mocellin <gilles.mocellin@nuagelibre.org> wrote:

<snip>

a lot here ....

</snip>

> You should see interesting things with Ntop. If not, perhaps your
> client don't really go through your gateway ?

Yes, ntop is always exciting. But in my debian box the browser view shows

[..........]

Please enable make sure that the ntop html/ directory is properly installed

Error 400

The specified request is invalid.
Received request:

"GET / HTTP/1.1"

[........]

I then start ntop from command line ( stopping the deamon ) . And got the error as

[.....]

**ERROR** RRD: Disabled - unable to create base directory (err 13, /var/lib/ntop/rrd)

[....]

So I executed as root

chmod -Rvf 777 /var/lib/ntop/

That permission error has gone but same problem when visiting browser. And now I have

[...]

EPIPE while sending page to web client (skipping further warnings)
WARNING** packet truncated

[...]

Any clue ??