Re: Apt-pinning confusion

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:15:10PM +0000, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to put the MythTV PVR XBMC version on my Shuttle box.
> I need a newer alsa version than the one from Squeeze because the stable
> version doesn't see the soundcard. So I wanted to install alsa from
> testing.
> And because I use a SSD I thought it would be a good idea to use the
> squeeze-backports kernel.

It might make your life a little bit easier to forget about pinning and
just put this in you /etc/apt/apt.conf file:

APT::Default-Release "stable";

That will prevent your system from upgrading to Wheezy on you, but it'll
allow you to install files from wheezy (provided wheezy is in your
sources.list).

-Rob