Re: problem suspend - Asus eeepc 1201n - Debian squeeze - kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64

On Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:50:02 PM UTC-3, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:12:14 -0700, wmarcos wrote:
>
> > I've been having problems suspending my Asus eeepc 1201n ( more detail
> > http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_1201N_Seashell/#specifications )
>
> (...)
>
> There's a dedicated mailing list for eeepc, I would also post there:

Will do !

> There is a higher chance to find someone there with that netbook model
> who can give you more information on the current status about suspension/
> hibernation in that computer with Squeeze.
>
> > With kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 (standard of squeeze) it suspends once, the
> > second time suspend and wakes up again immediatly.
> >
> > I've tried other kernels that the internet suggested (
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1569586 ) but none of them seem
> > to work:
> >
> > 2.6.39-02063904-generic -> video fails on wake up
> > 3.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 -> suspend and wakes up immediatly every time.
>
> You can configure the video card so that is not suspended and thus
> avoiding the error when resuming. There is more information on how to use
> these and other "quirks" at "man pm-suspend".

further testing resulted that it has the same problem other versions have. The second time doesn't suspend.

> > In the debian wiki ( http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/1201N )
> > says:
> >
> > "Suspend
> > There are still problems with suspend. The BIOS version can make quite a
> > difference in the suspend behavior. Upgrading to the latest BIOS version
> > (0324) fixes a fan bug that can make the fans stop working when coming
> > back from suspend, leading to overheating and forced shut down. However,
> > it still is apparently not possible to suspend more than once per
> > power-up. After the first suspend, the machine will try to suspend but
> > fail and then return to normal state."
>
> It seems to be a known issue for this computer, it does not sound very
> well :-(
>
> > Is that the las word about this? Anyone can help? In ubuntu always
> > worked fine. I attach the syslog for more information.
>
> Now you say, in what Ubuntu version worked fine? I ask because the kernel
> version could make a difference here.

Until now every version of ubuntu 32 and 64 worked fine since 10.04 until 11.10.

> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

Thank you very much !!