Re: problem suspend - Asus eeepc 1201n - Debian squeeze - kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:12:14 -0700, wmarcos wrote:

> I've been having problems suspending my Asus eeepc 1201n ( more detail
> http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_PC/Eee_PC_1201N_Seashell/#specifications )

(...)

There's a dedicated mailing list for eeepc, I would also post there:

There is a higher chance to find someone there with that netbook model
who can give you more information on the current status about suspension/
hibernation in that computer with Squeeze.

> With kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 (standard of squeeze) it suspends once, the
> second time suspend and wakes up again immediatly.
>
> I've tried other kernels that the internet suggested (
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1569586 ) but none of them seem
> to work:
>
> 2.6.39-02063904-generic -> video fails on wake up
> 3.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 -> suspend and wakes up immediatly every time.

You can configure the video card so that is not suspended and thus
avoiding the error when resuming. There is more information on how to use
these and other "quirks" at "man pm-suspend".

> In the debian wiki ( http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Model/1201N )
> says:
>
> "Suspend
> There are still problems with suspend. The BIOS version can make quite a
> difference in the suspend behavior. Upgrading to the latest BIOS version
> (0324) fixes a fan bug that can make the fans stop working when coming
> back from suspend, leading to overheating and forced shut down. However,
> it still is apparently not possible to suspend more than once per
> power-up. After the first suspend, the machine will try to suspend but
> fail and then return to normal state."

It seems to be a known issue for this computer, it does not sound very
well :-(

> Is that the las word about this? Anyone can help? In ubuntu always
> worked fine. I attach the syslog for more information.

Now you say, in what Ubuntu version worked fine? I ask because the kernel
version could make a difference here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón