Re: rt kernel and nouveau

2012/3/22 daniel jimenez <daniel.jimenez.gomez@gmail.com>
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get an rt kernel working in debian testing on an amd64 laptop with nvidia graphics.

Ideally I'd have nouveau set up to start when I select (in grub) the rt kernel and the nvidia drivers when choosing the regular kernel. Problem is, I don't know how to do that...

Any help appreciated.

--
Daniel Jiménez

hi,

first I would ask: why? if nvidia drivers do work...

.xnitrc should be your friend for your task, I would "blacklist" both nvidia and nouveau drivers in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and then guess from `uname -a|grep RT` which one to load before any X session starts (kdm, gdm, slim...)

http://wiki.debian.org/Xinitrc

-regards
-r

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla protesta violenta e viscerale.