Re: shutdown not working in Gnome / KDE

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:15:58 +0100, Peter Baranyi wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 11:20 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 21:44:35 +0100, Peter Baranyi wrote:
>
>> If it used to work, I would report it.
>>
> you mean with the reportbug program?

Or manually (by e-mail), you can choose what's best way for you:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.en.html

> I don't know in which package this bug is. (I never reported any Debian
> bugs before)

As the problem it presents when you're inside X (you can shutdown the
system on a tty) you can register the bug against gnome or kde package.
Don't worry for a bad assignation, devels/packagers will correct it
should needed.

>> > Debian unstable, 3.1.0-1-686-pae
>>
>> Unstable and GNOME2? :-?

> I didn't do a dist upgrade, so some packages are older. I wanted to keep
> gnome2 because I won't use gnome3.

This can be also a source for problems and a big can of worms... GNOME 2
(and its associated libraries) will be dropped sooner or later and
keeping it up-to-date from wheezy onwards it does not have to be an easy
task.

>> Anyway, that kernel is old. Try to update it (now 3.2.10).
> OK I will try it, thanks.

It sounds more a DE issue than nothing but who knows, it may help.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón