Re: Latest Linux Kernel 3.x.x Series Compiled for Ubuntu and Debian Linux

On 3/17/2012 12:26 PM, Brian wrote:
> On Sat 17 Mar 2012 at 13:01:19 -0400, Brad Alexander wrote:
>
>> Perhaps instead of distributing the kernel, the OP should distribute
>> the .config files for the various kernels he is offering and
>> interested individuals could compile it locally...
>
> If this is the same person he could do without any encouragment.
>
> http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-August/007811.html

It seems pretty clear this Chinese guy isn't malicious, but simply
suffers from untreated bipolar disorder--a mania episode is glaringly
evident in the post linked above, which I'd read at the time on another
list he posted it to.

Regardless, as others have stated, never use a binary kernel or source
from an untrusted entity.  They may work fine, but it's not worth the
risk to find out, especially given how easy it is to build your own
kernel from vanilla or distro source.

--
Stan