Re: Latest Linux Kernel 3.x.x Series Compiled for Ubuntu and Debian Linux

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> I have compiled the *latest* linux kernels 3.x.x series for Ubuntu and
> Debian Linux for you to install. You may download the *latest* linux
> kernels 3.x.x series for Ubuntu and Debian from the following download
> links:

Beware.  Installing .deb packages from joe random is almost guaranteed to
get you a rootkit sooner or later (.deb packages run scripts as root during
install/configure/removal/purge).

When these packages are kernels offered by someone coming out of the blue,
it becomes even more suspicious.

If you want the latest development kernel (which you should NOT use EVER
unless you really know what you're doing or you will end up in a data loss
situation or broken system sooner or later), use "git" do download and
compile it yourself.

If you want the latest "reasonably stable" kernel, you can get the source
packages from Debian or Ubuntu and compile them with a simple command, OR
you can get one of the backports maintained by known Debian or Ubuntu
developers.

  Henrique Holschuh