Re: Boot problem : Operating System not found.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:30:51 +0100, Bruno Costacurta wrote:

Bruno, you MUA is somehow deleting both "References:" and "In-Reply-To:"
header fields and thus your posts are kept unthreaded.

> [snip]
>> I'll also try the SuperGrub2Disk ASAP.
> [snip]
>
> Yes, it works when booting using a SuperGrub2Disk CD.
>
>  From SuperGrub2Disk boot menu :
> Detect any OS -> Debian correctly found on /dev/sda4 -> boot is OK.

Good :-)

> So I suppose the GRUB on the hard disk is incorrectly setup. As the
> boot-info script reported in previous email. Note that others distros
> (Xubuntu and Sabayon) boots correctly.
>
> So how to correct GRUB regarding Debian problem ? Manually or using
> tools (certainly preferred solution )? I already ran update-grub but
> without any success.

I would first try to manually boot Debian from GRUB2 console. Based on
the information you've provided and the link I previously sent, it should
be something like this:

***
set root=(hd0,gpt4)
linux /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda4 ro