Re: does anyone know where to get the latest aacraid module for squeeze latest version x86 ?

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:56:58 -0400, Joey L wrote:

> I am running an ibm x3650 7979 ServRaid 8K controller that comes with
> the x3650 I would like to get the latest version of aacraid module. This
> looks to be my issue - i get a lot of aacraid hanging errors after the
> install and the login screen seems to hang.

Have you reported it?

> I would like :
> 1. get the latest version - seems to hang with the current version of
> squeeze.
> 2. how can i install it during the installaiton process of sqeeze

AFAIK, "aacraid" it's included in the kernel, so the latest kernel you
have the latest version for "aacraid" you get.

Another option could be using Adaptec's own implementation but its
availability will depend on the card's manufacturer, you can check if
they provide any driver for the card that you can compile and load at
installation time (there's a menu entry in the menu that allows loading
external drivers).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón