Re: Boot problem : how to make it verbose ?

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:06:04 +0100, Bruno Costacurta wrote:

> I installed Debian Squeeze on a multi-boot PC where Ubuntu is the first
> and bootable distro.

Are you chainloading GRUB2s or are you loading Debian directly from
Ubuntu's own GRUB2 version?

> Using GRUB2, the options 'nosplash debug --verbose' are used, but Debian
> freezes silently.
> How to make boot verbose to see what happen ?

(...)

The changes you have done should be enough.

In what stage is the system hanging at? What can you see in the screen?
Can you at least reach the GRUB2 boot menu?

I would try to load Debian from SuperGrub2Disk or any other LiveCD just
to test if it hangs at the same point.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón