Need help recovering lvm volume group

Greetings;

I can't figure out what exactly happened, but here is the result.

I had an lvm volume consisting of a complete 250GB disk and about 75GB partition on another disk. Now LVM won't access either one of them and when I try any sort of lv command I get a message that "Incorrect metadata area header checksum"
and "No volume groups found".

I have failed to find anything relating to lvm that is of any help. Is there any way that I can get access to these two areas so I can get to my data off of them??

Many TIA!!
Dennis