Re: Securing Debian Manual: 3.2.1.1 Selecting the appropriate file systems

Probably. ext4 is mature and stable enough that I don't think it makes
sense to use ext3. Unless, of course, some policy dictates or you are
preserving an existing legacy partition, I would go with ext4.

I just rebuilt my workstation and used ext4 for all, and all of the
boxes we are building at work are ext4 as well.

--b