big problem with TP-LINK WiFi card

Hi to Everyone,

On the Desktop of my association, there was no wireless card. So, I purchased one that is said to be Debian compatible. It is a PCI card TP-LINK

TL-WN751ND

It is supposedly based on an Atheros chipset AR 9227

I plugged it inside the Central Unit on a PCI slot, and then booted the Debian Squeeze system.

As a rather pleasant surprise, the wireless system was being acknowledged immediately, and I could display a list of wireless networks available in my area, amongst which I saw my own DSL wireless network on which I have been able to connect any other laptop or desktop computer that ever came to my house. I clicked to that Network on the list, and then entered all the digits of my WPA password. This being done, I got the message that I was connected and that the connexion was allright. Well, then I launched Firefox (I mean Iceweasel) and called for a web page... As soon as the connexion to that page was achieved, THE SYSTEM FROZE and I could do nothing more... The mouse was no longer active, same for the keyboard or anything else, CTRL-ALT-DEL did nothing, and I had no other choice than disconnecting power. At reboot, the freezing did appear right away, in the process of gnome launching. Same at each new attempt.

I first thought that the chipset may have been faulty or damaged. So I tested it under MSWIN (XP) since I have a dual boot on that desktop. Under MSWIN, after the appropriate install with the provided CDROM, the TL-WN751ND card did operate all right. After the password was typed, connexion happened and operated without freezing the system or any other trouble. So, it is most likely that the hardware is not faulty here.

I understand that I should probably have first checked if my Debian Squeeze system was ready with the appropriate packages to run that wireless chipset, instead of right away trusting the fact that it seemed to be reckognized 'out of the box'. However, now that things are that way, I wonder what files I should delete (booting from a rescue disk maybe), so that I am able to de-install or install whatever is needed to get that chipset working.

Thanks in advance for your help