Re: Single boot EFI Mac install

> Some more background:
> Are there working and bootable EFI images?
> rEFIt works but cannot be convinced to stop delaying the boot
> process by ~20 seconds (even after deleting PRAM and bless'ing
> the partition). That's why I've been looking for native (EFI) boot options.

I've had the same problem. But using grub2 there is no need to use rEFIt
in a single boot environment.

> Jan, thanks for the detailed explanation. I had seen parts of that,
> but couldn't make sense of it while "learning" all the undocumented
> between-the-lines info.
>
> Is the EFI image static or would I have to update it occasionally
> when grub or kernel changes happen?
The EFI image is static but that shouldn't be a problem. You might want to replace it when updating grub.
The last 6 or 7 kernel updates (fedora) didn't cause any problems for
me. Linking the /etc/grub2-efi.cfg to /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg is the
important point here.