Re: How to report a bug related to multiple packages (insserv, autofs, backuppc)

2012/3/7 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> Anyway, I would have expected some kind of warning at the logs coming
> from backuppc indicating a problem for accessing to the configured mount
> point which was not available at that time and thus failing.

Me too, and I didn't understand why I wasn't getting anything in the
logs until now: the default LogDir (/var/lib/backuppc/log/) is in a
subdirectory of the TopDir (/var/lib/backuppc/), which means that if
the TopDir doesn't exist, backuppc won't be able to log the error in
LogDir. So in order to check the logs to find out what the problem is
you first have to solve the problem. :-)

Cheers,
Sylvain