Re: [OT] something about cite

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Mar 2012 12:08:00 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> sorry again, a bit off-topic.
>
> As far as you tag the subject accordingly -as you do [OT], it's fine with
> me :-)

Thanks for understanding.

>> My question is that how to cite something in the text. usually is
>> superscript. like [8] as superscript default in \cite{aaa}, as normal
>> text for one citing case, not all.
>
> I've never used LaTeX but that sounds like one of the basic pieces for
> document composition, right?
>
>> sometimes when write something like "the detailed review please see Ref.
>> \cite{bbb}", here for this one in an exception, not expected to be in
>> the superscript.
>
> And what kind of format are you expecting that to be? :-?
>
>> I googled for a while, so much distractions, and no one around I can
>> ask. so ...
>
> None of this helped?
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Bibliography_Management#Citations

I checked that link before. haha ...

Well this works for me,
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/36235/bibtex-natbib-with-super-does-not-allow-using-occasional-citet

\makeatletter
\newcommand*{\citenst}[2][]{%
  \begingroup
  \let\NAT@mbox=\mbox
  \let\@cite\NAT@citenum
  \let\NAT@space\NAT@spacechar
  \let\NAT@super@kern\relax
  \renewcommand\NAT@open{[}%
  \renewcommand\NAT@close{]}%
  %\citet[#1]{#2}%
  \cite[#1]{#2}
  \endgroup
}
\makeatother

But still imperfect, cause the extract bib file program couldn't
recognize the new command, and won't extract that entry out from the
bib database. (I shouldn't have spent 3~4 hours on it, actually it's
so easy to do manually.)

Thanks,

Best wishes,