Re: Kshisen taking at least 5 seconds for each move

On 02/03/12 17:10, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
Hi All!

I have an i5-2400 running at 3.10GHz, which is a 4-core processor. I
have 8GB 1600MHz RAM, a 120GB SSD and when I play kshisen, I have to
wait at least 5 seconds for the game to remove a pair of tiles.

It wasn't always like this. This is fairly new behaviour. I'm using KDE
and the plasma desktop. So what's hogging the CPU? Running top doesn't
show anything hogging the CPU. I've stopped nepomuk and strigi. When I
killed the plasma-worktop process, the screen went black leaving my own
app which can run a command or a number of apps which I have recorded in
it. The computer has been up now for 3h 17m, which is not long (I
rebooted to get the lastest kernel from the distribution kernel maker).

Has anyone else had abysmally slow reactions from a KDE game? Under what
circumstances? Even after killing knemo, the only process taking more
than 3% CPU time is this one (icedove). I'm running top and it is taking
0.3% of the CPU, X0rg takes 0.3%, the load average is 0.03 and yet
kshisen refuses to run fast. What do I have to do to get it to run at
normal speed without pauses?
I've tried running kshisen from the command line. It emits a lot of messages of which the following are typical:

State change
Moving from "ready" 1 to "paused" 4
Stream changed to file:///usr/share/sounds/kshisen/tile-touch.ogg
State change
Moving from "paused" 4 to "playing" 2
Transitioning to state "ready"
State change
Moving from "playing" 2 to "paused" 4
About to finish

This continues. It looks as though the game has been deliberately slowed down, requiring 4 seconds between each play. Who's been messing about with kshisen? Is this a bug, or just a new feature?
--
Sian Mountbatten