Re: CUPS and Brother HL-5340D dual whammy (SOLVED!)

* On 2012 02 Mar 10:04 -0600, Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:54:55 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> > CUPS offers three Postscript drivers in the Generic menu.
> >
> > Generic PostScript Level 1 Printer Foomatic/Postscript 1 (recommended en)
> > Generic PostScript Printer (en)
> > Generic PostScript Printer Foomatic/Postscript (recommended en)
> >
> > I suppose I can try them out....
>
> I'm not sure if any of those are going to work. BR-Script is not
> PostScript, you better use the description file provided by the printer
> manufacturer.

With the current CUPS 1.5.2 package in Sid, he'll likely wind up with a
single blank sheet, if anything at all from the printer.  I've had to
revert to the "Generic PostScript Level 1 Printer Foomatic/Postscript 1
(recommended en)" to get printing working again on my Brother HL-5240
and the current CUPS.  I have tried several Brother supplied PPD files
with same result.

See bug # 660420 and 660348 (it's that bad that I know have them
memorized).

- Nate >>