Re: wheezy without gui

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:06:26 +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

(please, no html formatted messages, thanks)

> I tryed the testing cd (20 feb).
> The installation is done but no graphical interface no gnome, no gdm
> etc...
>
> I hope that for the final release, we  get the GUI (gnome ) in the first
> cd.

Usually you have to instruct the installer to install GNOME or additional
packages. True is that is not very user-friendly (I also installed the
first CD of wheezy recently and there as no additional screen asking for
more packages). My guess is that you have to select "use additional
repos" so you're enable to get additional patterns for the tasksel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón