Re: wheezy without gui

2012-02-28 20:06, abdelkader belahcene skrev:
hi,
I tryed the testing cd (20 feb).
The installation is done but no graphical interface no gnome, no gdm etc...

When I look at <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>, I see only netinstall CDs, and if you used one of those, it would not contain a GUI on the CD. When installing with a network connection, it should have installed (offered to install with default answer yes) a (gnome) desktop.

I think you can get the standard gui installation by running "tasksel --new-install" in your installed system. It should show you a selection of categories, and you can choose which to install software for.

I hope that for the final release, we  get the GUI (gnome) in the first cd.

I definitely expect you will.

Regards

Johan