Re: is there no sane, minimal, graphical RSS feed reader in existance?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:39:14 +0100
Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqvist@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012-02-26 02:14, Celejar skrev:
> > On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:29:48 -0500
> >
> > I, too, shared the OP's
> > frustration with the dearth of good, fast GUI RSS readers; I use
> > liferea, but its performance is disappointing.
> >

> Have you been disappointed by the 1.8 version as well?

Not sure - my current installation is Squeeze, and I have 1.6.4. My
using that machine. In any event, I'm currently pretty happy with
Liferea (1.6.x), although it's kind of sluggish (perceptible lag when
moving to new item / feed, very slow startup, serious application
unresponsiveness while updating all feeds).

> I have not tried it, but from what I understand it was written with this
> problem in mind.
>
>  From the liferea blog:
>
> "When you upgrade to 1.8 you might be searching for new features and be
> a bit disappointed. The thing is that we put our development focus into
> performance improvements and removing bottlenecks"
>
>  From a comment in the corresponding debian bug (#651913):
>
> "After testing the new version, I can confirm it is faster and more
> responsive than the previous one (1.6). The upgrade also seems to go
> smoothly."

Thanks for the heads-up.

Celejar