Re: is there no sane, minimal, graphical RSS feed reader in existance?

2012-02-26 02:14, Celejar skrev:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 13:29:48 -0500

I, too, shared the OP's
frustration with the dearth of good, fast GUI RSS readers; I use
liferea, but its performance is disappointing.

Have you been disappointed by the 1.8 version as well?

I have not tried it, but from what I understand it was written with this problem in mind.

From the liferea blog:

"When you upgrade to 1.8 you might be searching for new features and be a bit disappointed. The thing is that we put our development focus into performance improvements and removing bottlenecks"

From a comment in the corresponding debian bug (#651913):

"After testing the new version, I can confirm it is faster and more
responsive than the previous one (1.6). The upgrade also seems to go
smoothly."

/ johan