Problems installing/getting Debian (was: lost)

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 01:44:35 +1100, pastor alexander wrote:

Next time try to choose a meaningful subject.

> i bought the multi dvd set of debian 32 bit and 64 bit and after a week
> of them cocking up i put them in the bin.

You bought them and something went bad? Then reclaim to the store, you
can make use of what's called "product guarantee".

> i wanted an archive to put on
> my hard drive so i could assemble different distros including straight
> debian without downloading the same files 100 times. the disks were
> hostile and badly presented. next i downloaded the weekly multiarch
> weekly 3.7 gig not even a bloody desktop, you must be joking. keeps
> asking for other dvds i dont have.

You need to be more precise in your claims so we can help.

- From where did you download the ISO file?
- When are you getting the message of "insert the next DVD"?

> I have never come across a distro
> with more promise or power than debian. mint failed to satisfy, as did
> mepis, both good mind you. I have been remastering distros for my
> clients for years from pclinuxos without a problem.
> the live debian squeeze disk works like a charm. but i want the
> multiarch with trimmings.
> i spent at least a week in your wiki, its simply too big. get me started
> please.
> this is the only distro i have a problem with.

It is still not clear what the problem is...

> this is the only community i have not got a sensible response from so
> far. i propose to
> 	start with multiarch
> 	add bootcd for easy remastering
> 	add liquorix as a menu option during boot for my games and
> multimedia

You can open wishlist bug reports for that feautures to be added. Good
luck with that :-P

> i already have a similar system setup under pclinuxos and it is very
> popular. and easy to do.
> maybe i am not good enough for this distro but i have been a contract
> programmer for years and would like to assist this community if i can
> get up to speed. am willing to submit my distro as a resume if desired.
> regards Pastor Alexander

I maybe too dense today but what's the main problem you are experiencing?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón