Re: Mutt and HTML signatures

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:27:09 -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

> I was never very fond of sending emails in HTML format, but recently I
> changed of job and when my boss saw I was using a company's signature
> without the company logo, he asked me to put the pictures in the
> signature. It seemed more a psychological than a real problem...

I feel your pain :-)

> Is there any way to use HTML signatures with Mutt? More than 10 years
> that I use Mutt and I would not like having to change it just for this.
> I tried using a signature file with HTML code, but after reviewing the
> receipt of the message, HTML code is seen rather than rendering.

Sure! You can just create html encoding messages with "Ctrl+T" (default
combo) and change the "Content-Type:" header field to "text/html" instead
"text/plain". Then write down (or append) html code tags on your message -
or signature template- and that should be all.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón