Re: bug report request for advice

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:28:34 -0800, David Christensen wrote:

(...)

Tip: save/export the PDF file as PS (PostScript), open it and try to
print the failed pages again.

> When I try to print pages 11, 12, and 13 on my HP LaserJet P2055dn laser
> printer, the print preview is correct.  However, pages 11 and 13 print
> incorrectly.

Can you print the said pages with another PDF viewer or is just Evince
that fails?

> I am able to correctly view and print the document using Microsoft
> Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 and Adobe Reader 7.0.8.
>

> My guess is that there is a bug in the Debian printer driver (?).
>

> How do I file a bug report?

It depends on where ths bug can be:

- PDF viewer
To discard this try to print from a different application

- Printing system or drivers
If you get the same error when printing from different programs the
problem can be in drivers/PPD file of printer settings. You can also try
with a different PPD file (PCL6 instead PostScript).

- The generated PDF file itself that has some sort of incompatibility
problem with your printer settings or drivers.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón