Re: bug report request for advice

Hi,

I'm no expert about this, but some suggestions to hopefully point you in the right direction at reporting this...

On 24/02/12 06:28, David Christensen wrote:
debian-user:

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting states:

"If you are unable to determine which package your bug report should be filed against, please send e-mail to the Debian user mailing list asking for advice."

I have downloaded this document:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/8E8B3EDB0B5A4C9DBFD0A233725BB01C/940-713-030.10_1224_Threading_Machine_Man.pdf

The document displays correctly using Document Viewer 2.30.3.
I guess that is evince.

When I try to print pages 11, 12, and 13 on my HP LaserJet P2055dn laser printer, the print preview is correct. However, pages 11 and 13 print incorrectly.

What does 'incorrectly' mean? Should you file a bug report you should try and detail as much as possible about this.

Does it 'print' correctly if you print to file instead of hardware printer? It does here.

I am able to correctly view and print the document using Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 and Adobe Reader 7.0.8.

My guess is that there is a bug in the Debian printer driver (?).
You sohuld try and pin down what printer driver you are using. But also consider that I *think* when evince prints it's relying on external tools such as postscript etc.

How do I file a bug report?
There are various ways to do it. One very handy one is to run the command:

reportbug [name_of_package]

If you are running this for the first time it will present a kind of 'wizard' to configure it. You can leave most options at the default if you don't know what to answer.

Lorenzo.

TIA,

David

2012-02-23 21:22:38 dpchrist@p43400e ~
$ cat /etc/debian_version
6.0.4

2012-02-23 21:22:41 dpchrist@p43400e ~
$ uname -a
Linux p43400e 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 16:04:25 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux