Re: Since I've installed Firefox in ~, every update results in a reset

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:22:28 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Quite everything is in the title. I'm running Debian Lenny (yes, I know,
> time to switch..., but haven't had time yet), and I precedently
> installed Firefox in ~/ for various reasons.
>
> The problem is not here. The problem is that every time an update is
> done, or even quite often (I don't know if each time this happens this
> is an update as it would mean updates are very frequent!) the Firefox
> starts as if it was installed for the first time (e.g. no history, no
> bookmarks, etc.), except that
> 1) my plugins/add-ons are still recognized and used,
> 2) my default webpage (start page) is still OK.
>
> What could explain this problem?

That's really weird :-?

Even deleting Firefox itself does not remove the user files which are
stored on a separate folder under the user's profile ("~/.firefox) so I
can't see why that happens to you... unless you are using a specific
profile for your user and after the update, you have to point firefox to
load that profile.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón