Re: how to deal with spam

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 schrieb Hans Vogelsberger:
> >> So please anyone here: Never ever reply to spam on list.
> >> Never ever.
> >> Please only respond on list if you absolutely have to.
>
> In future as in the past and as right now this will be entirely my own
> decision and nobody else's.

Of course it is. Did you notice the "please"?

Responding to you on list did not have the effect I intended. Responding to
you off list would not be effective with your list account as you told me
and tell in your signature.

Feeding any direct responses to spam to CRM114 or reporting repeated
public direct responses to spam after an initial warning to listmasters
might have the effect I wanted to achieve initially.

You are perfectly entitled to feel as furious about that spam as you want
(- while I didn´t even notice it until you responded). But when you do
something inapprobiate with your fury - i.e. like recklessly defeating the
purpose of any half-decent spam filter -  I am perfectly entitled to tell
you so or on repeated occurence report it to listmasters.

I spare myself to respond to the other stuff in your mail.