Re: how to deal with spam

On 02/23/2012 11:50 AM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Hi Hans,

Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2012 schrieben Sie:
michel_le_grand69@yahoo.fr wrote:
Bonjour,
. . . .
Meilleurs Salutations

!!!!!

D O  S T O P  Y O U R  I M P E R T I N E N T  M O L E S T A T I O N S

FROM WHATEVER ADDRESS YOU SAUCILY USE

!!!!!

Please never ever again respond to spam on list. I noticed this spam only
through your response. The actual spam has been filtered out by either
policyd-weight or crm114.

Better yet:

Never ever again respond to spam at all. Cause by doing so, you give the
spammer your mail address together with an indication that you actually
use it.

If you want to do something constructive about it, you can do the
following:

1) Contact post/listmasters with some example spam mails including headers
and politely ask for adjusting spam filters. I think there is even a howto
on the debian pages.

2) Contact abuse center of the provider where the spam originates.

3) Get yourself spam filtering technology that makes it unviable for
spammers to send spam. Like policyd-weight and crm114 that I mentioned. If
everyone does it, then the business model of spammers would work out
anymore.

I kept post to list for education.

So please anyone here: Never ever reply to spam on list.

Never ever.

Please only respond on list if you absolutely have to.

Thanks,
Debian list is a cesspool of spam. This email is only used for Debian and only been used for debians list and yet daily I get at least 10 spam messages sent to the list. I think they should give a major overhaul to the spam filters, or even requiring re-registration would be good.

This is the only list I have ever had such an issue