Re: Windows screws up Linux's clock

On 2/21/2012 1:26 AM, Don deJuan wrote:
On 02/20/2012 09:55 PM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
Hendrik Boom<hendrik@topoi.pooq.com>  writes:

I run my machine on UCT, or something like it (timezone +0). Every time
I boot to Windows XP (which I need to do once in a blue moon) Windows
takes it on itself to set my clock as if the UCT time were actually local time. I have no idea where it gets its idea of what the current time is.

What I'd like to know is, how can I keep Windows from messing with my
clock.  I'd really like it to just leave it alone.

Well, if you *didn't* boot into Windows once in a blue moon...  more
seriously, apparently there is a registry key.

http://weblogs.asp.net/dfindley/archive/2006/06/20/Set-hardware-clock-to-UTC-on-Windows-_2800_or-how-to-make-the-clock-work-on-a-Mac-Book-Pro_2900_.aspx

Oh and do not do the =dword part add in DWORD correctly.

Please elucidate: should "=dword" be replaced by "DWORD" or what is meant by "add in DWORD correctly"? I don't want to have to
reinstall XP for some kind of screwup in the registry.
Thanx--doug