Re: Windows screws up Linux's clock

On Ma, 21 feb 12, 04:55:14, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I run my machine on UCT, or something like it (timezone +0).  Every  time
> I boot to Windows XP (which I need to do once in a blue moon) Windows
> takes it on itself to set my clock as if the UCT time were actually local
> time.  I have no idea where it gets its idea of what the current time is.
>
> What I'd like to know is, how can I keep Windows from messing with my
> clock.  I'd really like it to just leave it alone.

Windows initially gets the time from the hardware clock, but it may also
get the time from the internet (NTP protocol?). Since your hardware
clock is set to UTC and you want to keep it that way I suggest you
either tell Windows your timezone is UTC or disable the time update.

Of course, the registry hack should work as well, but you'll have to
remember to do it on the next re-install ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei