Re: Re: ASUS EeePC 1215B - Debian Testing 12-Feb-2012 Build - Video Problem, Black Screen

Thanks Patrick. I don't think DebianEeePC has any specific info on the
EeePC Model 1215b. They have a link to a Squeeze 2.6.39 backport that
probably works; but they warn against using it; and recommend Squeeze
instead.

I'm still using Debian Squeeze 6.0.4.

Full 1366x768 resolution displays fine now, since I used Synaptic to
install the non-free "firmware-linux", and installed the fglrx driver,
per instructions here:
http://wiki.debian.org/ATIProprietary#Squeeze

Unfortunately, the fglrx 10.9.3 driver doesn't properly recognize the
1215b hardware, so a "AMD Unsupported hardware" watermark appears in the
lower left corner of the display at all times. I wish I knew how to make
it go away!

Sound works fine after I added a .asoundrc file to my home directory
with these contents (and re-booted):
	defaults.pcm.card 1
	defaults.ctl.card 1

Wifi works fine after I used Synaptic to install the non-free
"firmware-brcm80211" and "wifi-radar".

I hope that future versions of Debian Testing will support the EeePC
1215b. But, for now, I'll have to make do with Debian Squeeze 6.0.4.

--Marc