quick and dirty backup

Hi,

My Debian machines have almost no data, just packages and config files. Just before a major upgrade, and a few othe times, I'd like to have a quick and dirty backup of most files including logfiles, run files like dhcp.leases etc. So what I do is a simple:
       tar -zcf /mnt/backup/linXXX-lenny.tar.gz / --exclude /mnt --exclude /proc --exclude /sys
A while ago I noticed I needed to add the /sys directory to that exclusion.

Is there anything else I need to exclude? Using Lenny with kernel 2.6.26-2-686 it seems my backup is running "forever" but maybe I'm just impatient. ;-)
I am going to upgrade this system to Squeeze later today so the kernel will probably end up being 2.6.32-5-686 at the end of the day.

Bonno