Re: Debian SID or Wheezy/SID?

Csanyi Pal wrote:
> I'm asking this question in the Subject because when I want to fill a
> bugreport with reportbug, I get message:
> Getting status for projectcenter.app...
> Checking for newer versions at madison, incoming.debian.org and
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
> Your version (0.6.0-1+b1) of projectcenter.app appears to be out of
> date.
> The following newer release(s) are available in the Debian archive:
>   testing: 0.6.0-1+b2
>   unstable: 0.6.0-1+b2
>                     ^^

Version 0.6.0-1+b2 looks to be a binary NMU uploaded for the kfreebsd
architectures kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386 only.  All other
architectures have 0.6.0-1+b1.  Your apt-cache policy output shows
that you are using amd64.  For amd64 your currently installed version
0.6.0-1+b1 is the newest available in Sid.

  $ apt-cache policy projectcenter.app
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 0.6.0-1+b1
    Version table:
       0.6.0-1+b1 0
          500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages

> so I don't understand that that if the Debian repository has a newer
> projectcenter.app than on my Debian wheezy/sid system however I did
> 'aptitude update' then why can't I install the ...+b2 version instead of
> ...+b1 version?

Here is an easy reference to show the different versions that are
available and where:

And here:

And the PTS is generally useful too:

For the purposes of your bug report I would ignore all of the
confusion above and continue through the report filing your bug report
against the 0.6.0-1+b1 version that you have installed.  That should
be perfectly fine.