Re: Firefox and PDF incompatibility

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:03, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2012-02-17, Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> launch the PDF reader as a separate process from the browser, or
>> save the PDF and then open it. PDF-as-plugin is just plain flaky.
>
> I find it superior to invoking a separate process; opening a pdf in
> chrome is as smooth as opening a regular html page.
>
> YMMV (and has and does, apparently).

Well, I have never used Chrome enough to use it's PDF reader.

I am very conservative when it comes to browser UI, the more
it is like the Mozilla (not FF) Modern theme circa 1.0, the
happier I am, so Chrome is right out, and SeaMonkey is in ;-)

But FF2-4, IE6-9, Moz1-SM2.0 on Linux and Windows
have all given me problems when running PDFs in the
browser. Others my be luckier.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers