Re: Re (4): Display on IBM ThinkPad A22m

On Jo, 16 feb 12, 11:58:24, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> From:	Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
> Date:	Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:26:03 +0200
> > On a second thought, maybe you should try again without an xorg.conf.
>
> After removing /etc/xorg.conf and executing startx again, this is the fresh log.
>   http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/Xorg.0.log
>
> The lines mentioning the default monitor are gone.  Given the panel resolutions
> specified by IBM, 'Default mode "800x600"' is wrong.

Same problem, it's using some default values for the vertical refresh
and the horizontal sync ranges, which don't match your hardware. I would
suggest you put the correct ones in a file under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier      "Panel"
    HorizSync       xx-yy
    VertRefresh     xx-yy
    DisplaySize     xx yy # optional, the size in mm
EndSection

Kind regards,
Andrei