Re: Suggestions regarding a PCI-X card.

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:26:32 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mmm, I don't know how reliable it can be that information :-?
>
> ("+" means the flag is enabled and "-" means it is disabled)
>
> Regardless lspci output, I would ensure the BIOS POST data displays the
> right bus frequency for that specific PCI-X slot (remember that some
> motherboards allow to configure the frequency to lower values for PCI
> cards -usually "auto/PCI33/66/PCI-X/66/100/133MHz").
>
> Greetings,

Thanks for the response, I have gone through the BIOS extensively and I
have checked every setting.  I made sure it's on the correct bus (Two
PCI-X busses, one 133 max and the other 100 max) and upon boot there is
zero output from the BIOS.  It almost seems that the card becomes some
sort of extension to the BIOS as there's no onboard int19h (or is it 10?)
interrupt for a boot option.  The interesting part is that each port and
drive is detected within the motherboard BIOS itself.  Allowing me to
disable/enable specific ports and drives.

So I'm still stuck at square one, I have followed the instructions in the
man page for lspci and have looked at the pci.h source file, but apart from
telling me what the acronyms may stand for, there is no real further
explanation on what the actual status of the card is.  One status line is
66MHz+ and the other is 66MHz+ 133MHz+.  I'm unsure.

I think my best bet is to subscribe to the linux-pci mailing list and try
there, I hate not being sure that I'm using my hardware to its fullest
potential.