Re: "Gnome" package now requires installing "tracker"?

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:22:21 -0500, Tom H wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This requirement comes from upstream.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Any document to support that statement?
>>
>> It will be indeed very sad to see that requirement coming from GNOME
>> ;-(
>
> What I said (including what you snipped) is just from memory.

The cutted text was not related to the subject of the thread so I removed
it.

> I don't care enough about this to google it... I was just trying to
> explain from where it was coming.

And from where it comes from?

I know what tracker does and how it works, this is not the main issue but
tracker as a hard requirement to have a full GNOME desktop. This is new.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón