Re: How best to replace NetworkManager with wicd?

On 02/13/2012 12:20 PM, Tom H wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Wayne Topa<linuxtwo@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 02/13/2012 09:18 AM, Tom H wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Chris Davies<chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk>
  wrote:

My understanding is that NM will not touch any interface that is defined
in /etc/network/interfaces. So, theoretically at least, if you simply
go ahead and declare the interfaces "it will all just work".

Check "/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf"

This statement
If "managed=false" in the "ifupdown"  section, NM will not manage
interfaces defined in "/etc/network/interfaces".

Sorry that is incorrect.

What's incorrect?

My NetworkMansger.conf file does have "managed=false" and my interfaces file
has only one interface listed and I am using it to send this message.
ifup/down works just as it should.

I sent that information in my last post.  Wasn't it clear?

WT