Re: How best to replace NetworkManager with wicd?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:54 AM, Chris Davies <chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk> wrote:

> My understanding is that NM will not touch any interface that is defined
> in /etc/network/interfaces. So, theoretically at least, if you simply
> go ahead and declare the interfaces "it will all just work".

Check "/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf"

If "managed=false" in the "ifupdown"  section, NM will not manage
interfaces defined in "/etc/network/interfaces".

I'm not sure of the current behavior because I don't use NM but,
AFAIK, when NM's installed "managed" is set to "false" and NM comments
out interfaces that are configured in "/etc/network/interfaces" other
than "lo".