Re: Conflict resolution?

On Du, 12 feb 12, 20:14:32, Brad Alexander wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Andrei Popescu
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are several frontends to APT (apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, etc.),
> > which one do you use?
>
> aptitude. AFAIR, it was the recommended one for Debian. (A while back,
> I remember that Debian recommended aptitude and Ubuntu wanted apt.

The Release Notes recommended one or the other depending on upgrade
testing. Also apt-get was missing a feature (autoremove) and had a
different default (no Recommends).

> > Please copy-paste full commands and outputs, otherwise we can only
> > guess. Also output of 'apt-cache policy' would be very useful
>
> A sample of an attempted upgrade on my wife's sid machine is available
> at http://paste.debian.net/156058/. Note that the following unmet

I would suggest you try a safe-upgrade first (doesn't remove packages,
but may install new ones if needed) and then try a 'full-upgrade for
what is left (if still necessary).

Kind regards,
Andrei