Re: Sleep

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:15:30 +0100
Robert Grimm <lists@news.robgri.de> wrote:

> Stayvoid <stayvoid@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This thing is exactly what I wanted. But it's not working.
>
> > I'd uncommented LID_SLEEP, but it didn't work out. It may depend on
> > some ACPI-related stuff, but I don't know how to check this.
> > Or it may be connected with pm-utils: "Beginning with version 0.122-1
> > acpi-support solely uses pm-utils then."
> > Any ideas?
>
> > BTW, DISPLAY_DPMS is not working too. (I've tried several options:
> > xset, xrandr, vbetool.)
>
> I have acpi-support and laptop-mode-tools installed. Each one with its
> respective recommends. Everything worked pretty much OOTB. But then, I
> have a Lenovo T60p.

I have a T61, and I did have high expectations for it, but hibernation
(suspend to disk) stubbornly fails to work. I've tried dozens of
different kernels, kernel suspend, userspace suspend, tuxonice -
nothing works reliably: it's like playing Russian roulette - system
usually (but not always) goes down nicely, but often (perhaps 50% of
the time) panics on resume (blank screen with blinking cursor, blinking
Caps lock LED).

I love this machine from a hardware / build quality perspective, but
completely borked suspend is incredibly frustrating on a laptop.

[Intel graphics, BTW.]

Sorry for this minor thread hijack, but this is just so incredibly
frustrating.

Celejar