Re: Installing debian, dual boot on 1 TB disk?

Hi Mika,

First, thank you for your reply,

On 02/07/2012 12:03 AM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

Hi,

I think that I had same problem some time ago. First I shrinked
Windows partition with gparted on Ubuntu* CD. When I tried to create
new partition for Debian, it said something like "You have too many
primary partitions. The maximum of primary partitions is 4. You can
create multiple partitions by removing one partition and creating a
new 'extended partition'. I did this and I was able to create
partition for Debian and swap partition.

May I know what is the size of your disk?

My problem is I can't do anything at all to that "free" space, there's nothing I could use to create any type of partition there. Hmm, or there is :-) Maybe I could try fdisk and see how it goes, I totally forgot about this.

Thanks for the pointer!

All the best.
-arief

(*I'm not familiar with text mode install partitioning which Debian
uses so I used gparted in Ubuntu CD to make sure that I won't
accidentally remove Windows partition.)

I hope that this helps.