Re: Upgrading to Iceweasel 10 in Squeeze

On 04/02/12 07:01, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> NOTE: all the hip, with-it, cool kids are using /etc/apt/sources.list.d
>> snippets now ;-)
>> ie. only the main repository is in sources.list, additional ones are
>> individual *.list files beneath /etc/apt/sources.list.d making it easier
>> to manage individual extra repositories and system dist-upgrades.
>
> Which is all well and good when the local administrator installs files
> there.  But I really despise it when /packages/ install configuration
> files there.  KDE Trinity, and ahem Opera, are you listening!  That is
> simply Evil in those cases.
>
> Bob

It would be preferable is the installer notified the admin when creating
a snippet, especially the truly Evil(tm) autoupdate in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d
:-)

Kind regards

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/