Re: Radeon HD 6500 lag mouse

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2012 schrieb Dan:
> Hi Dan!

Hi Martin!

> Or upgrade to Wheezy ;)
Well... I do not feel like upgrading all the time the software. I
prefer to set the system once and do not touch it in ~2 years :) I
used to use unstable, but that was long time ago
.
> Are you sure about that? Did you try? What does apt-cache show xserver-
> xorg-video-radeon give for the backported one?

Well... I tried and it completely messed up my system. I also had to
upgrade the kernel to use the new xserver and it was impossible to run
again the Xserver.

Then I reinstalled from scratch the system and tried the propietary
drivers from the repositories (also the one in backports) and no luck.
At the end I downloaded Catalyst from AMD's webpage and it worked. I
also had to install the linux-firmware-nonfree from the backports to
have support for the HD6500 support in the kernel.

I will install Wheezy with the FOSS drivers when it will be stable ;)

Tanks,
Dan