Re: [OT] how to take care of hand

* lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> [120203 17:00]:
> Hi,
>
> are there some suggestions about how to take care of hand?
>
> for weeks, I felt the hand especially the thumb get strengh-less in
> typing, and kinda of stiff,
>
> I can't avoid using mouse ( even has changed to a light one) and
> keyboard, googled some way, a bit horrible, someone even said need
> do operations.
>
> are there some good way of avoiding it. 3 years ago I once had, but
> gone within week. now I get handache about it.
>
> just curious about the answer, thanks,

Here is an anecdote which you may find of interest:

A podiatrist used an x-ray image to diagnose inflammation due to a
ligament in the process of being torn.  The inflammation was casing
severe pain.

The podiatrist recommended application of an ice pack for an hour
twice daily, and said that -- with faithful application of the ice
pack -- the inflammation would be gone within a month or so.

The podiatrist said that use of the ice pack is fully as effective as
is the injection of steroids, except that steroids can reduce the
inflammation in as little time as a few days or a couple of weeks.

He noted that some people find the cold uncomfortable, but he made no
warning regarding the possibility of frostbite.  It would appear that
the cold stimulates circulation, and that increased circulation
reduces the inflammation.

The podiatrist also said that the application of heat (such as soaking
the foot in warm salt water) would increase the inflammation.

So perhaps there is a non-exploited market for a refrigerated wrist
pad for the keyboard and the mouse?

END