Re: lcdproc missing driver imonlcd in squeeze

On 30/01/12 20:48, Ramon Hofer wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:03:09 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 29/01/12 23:12, Ramon Hofer wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I'm trying to configure a Soundgraph 15c2:0038 display. In Ubuntu which
>>> I had running before on that PC it was very easy to get the display
>>> working: Install lcdproc and change the driver in /etc/ LCDd.conf to
>>> imonlcd.
>>> Unfortunately this isn't possible in squeeze because this driver isn't
>>> available.
>>
>> <snipped>
>>

>>> Best regards
>>> Ramon
>>>

>> # apt-get install lcdproc
>> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/lcdproc pool/main/l/lcdproc/
>>
>> Did I miss something there?
>
> Sorry wrong button :-o
>
> The drivers that are included in lcdproc are:
>
> # The following drivers are supported:
> #   bayrad, CFontz, CFontz633, CFontzPacket, curses, CwLnx, ea65,
> #   EyeboxOne, g15, glcdlib, glk, hd44780, icp_a106, imon, IOWarrior,
> #   irman, joy, lb216, lcdm001, lcterm, lirc, MD8800, ms6931, mtc_s16209x,
> #   MtxOrb, NoritakeVFD, picolcd, pyramid, sed1330, sed1520, serialPOS,
> #   serialVFD, sli, stv5730, svga, t6963, text, tyan, ula200, xosd
>

> But I need imonlcd and not imon.

Are you sure?
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Imon (specifically "lcdproc 0.5.3 appears to
include the imonlcd patch set.")

That could mean that imon in Wheezy's lcdproc is the same as imonlcd.
It's not listed in Wheezy lcdproc-extra-drivers.

You could try the Sid package eg:-
add testing to your sources list
# apt-get update
# apt-get -st unstable install lcdproc | less

And just see what's going to happen (it may not require backporting -
you don't say which kernel version you're running)

If looks ok just proceed.

Don't forget to remove testing from /etc/apt/sources.list afterwards and
then apt-get update.

> I found help on how to compile it with the needed driver. Just ./
> configure --driver=imonlcd or something like that. I'd have to search
> again.
> As well in the Ubuntu 10.04 repos lcdproc came with imonlcd support.

See my comments above about the last two upstream releases of lcdproc.
The best place for the source is the source - I've put the ref below,
you can build that as a debian package. I'd check dependencies first.

> So my question is if or how can I install the driver without having to
> compile after each kernel upgrade?
> Probably it would be best to have it in the squeeze backports?
>

> Best regards
> Ramon

Upstream:-
http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/