Re: lcdproc missing driver imonlcd in squeeze

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:03:09 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 29/01/12 23:12, Ramon Hofer wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm trying to configure a Soundgraph 15c2:0038 display. In Ubuntu which
>> I had running before on that PC it was very easy to get the display
>> working: Install lcdproc and change the driver in /etc/ LCDd.conf to
>> imonlcd.
>> Unfortunately this isn't possible in squeeze because this driver isn't
>> available.
>
> <snipped>
>

>> Best regards
>> Ramon
>>

> # apt-get install lcdproc
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/lcdproc pool/main/l/lcdproc/
>
> Did I miss something there?

Sorry wrong button :-o

The drivers that are included in lcdproc are:

# The following drivers are supported:
#   bayrad, CFontz, CFontz633, CFontzPacket, curses, CwLnx, ea65,
#   EyeboxOne, g15, glcdlib, glk, hd44780, icp_a106, imon, IOWarrior,
#   irman, joy, lb216, lcdm001, lcterm, lirc, MD8800, ms6931, mtc_s16209x,
#   MtxOrb, NoritakeVFD, picolcd, pyramid, sed1330, sed1520, serialPOS,
#   serialVFD, sli, stv5730, svga, t6963, text, tyan, ula200, xosd

But I need imonlcd and not imon.

I found help on how to compile it with the needed driver. Just ./
configure --driver=imonlcd or something like that. I'd have to search
again.
As well in the Ubuntu 10.04 repos lcdproc came with imonlcd support.

So my question is if or how can I install the driver without having to
compile after each kernel upgrade?
Probably it would be best to have it in the squeeze backports?

Best regards
Ramon