Re: how to get rid of pulseaudio gracefully

On 01/28/2012 06:04 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 28/01/12 01:41, Harry Putnam wrote:
Scott Ferguson<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com>  writes:

I use KDE (on Squeeze) and Pulse rarely uses more than 2% even when
networked to multiple boxen.

Interesting, so likely local config problems.

Not that I'd call 5-8% CPU "chugging" anyway (chugging means the CPU is
at close to 100%).

I never heard that... In fact, I'd say it is more often a reference to
methodically emptying a beer glass... hehe.

Drinking like a steam train chu-chu-chugging up a hill.
So when your apps start chu-chu-chug-ging....

<snipped>

I'd say in instances where it's not referring to the speedy draining of a pint or yard of biter it's used to indicate a certain relentless steady speed like a canal boat or a car tooling down the motorway at cruising speed.

PS I haven't had good experience with software mixers & I still use my 13 year old Sound Blaster Live! value outputting S/PDIF, it may be antiquated but it has a hardware mixer so things just work.